3D Modeling of Scaffolds
As the trend toward digital transformation continues to drive efficiencies and innovation across the capital projects and maintenance industry, scaffolding specialty craft providers are increasingly turning to 3D modeling to decrease design and build time while increasing accuracy and service quality. Many facility owners who recognize the benefits of this approach are now requiring the use of this technology to qualify scaffold contractors that perform scaffolding work in their facilities. With our Scaffold Management Solutions, Brock has the capability and experience to provide this service in a variety of industrial environments.
Benefits of 3D Modeling
3D modeling offers advantages to facility owners, operators, and contractors, as well as scaffold material and service providers. Some of the benefits of a 3D scaffold model include:
- Scope of work alignment for all involved, permitting clear, up-front planning to avoid excessive modifications and scope creep.
- Clear direction to workers though organized workface packages.
- Increased field production by 10-15% as designs and scaffold counts are provided with greater reliability.
- Better resource management that results in the correct quantities of scaffold, consumables, and manpower in a timely manner.
- Coordinated access design, suitable for multiple crafts.
- Reduced modification and rework time as modifications are managed with the design software prior to installation, rather than in the field after the scaffold is built.