Benefits of 3D Modeling
3D modeling offers advantages to facility owners, operators, and contractors, as well as scaffold material and service providers. Some of the benefits of a 3D scaffold model include:
- Scope of work alignment for all involved, permitting clear, up-front planning to avoid excessive modifications and scope creep.
- Clear direction to workers though organized workface packages.
- Increased field production by 10-15% as designs and scaffold counts are provided with greater reliability.
- Better resource management that results in the correct quantities of scaffold, consumables, and manpower in a timely manner.
- Coordinated access design, suitable for multiple crafts.
- Reduced modification and rework time as modifications are managed with the design software prior to installation, rather than in the field after the scaffold is built.